TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Bookings can only be confirmed when completed booking form & fee (or agreed deposit) are received.
Email is preferred to hard copy. If, say, for technical reasons, you cannot complete this form, please send the information requested by email and acknowledge that you have read the booking information.
• Full ride fee is paid at time of booking unless otherwise agreed.
• We are happy to change dates if there are places available for an alternative date. However, please note
cancellation charges below.
• Cancellation by you: in the unfortunate circumstance that you have to cancel your booking you may be
entitled to a full or partial refund, depending on the date of your received cancellation (by telephone first,
then in writing, please). Refunds will be given as follows:
• Cancellation 28+ days from ride date – full refund or alternative date
• Cancellation 14+ days from ride date – 50% refund
• Cancellation less than 14 days – no refunds
• Cancellation by us: for group rides we require a minimum of 3 clients for each ride, (unless on an agreed 1:2:1 session), and reserve the right to cancel if the minimum number is not met. If your ride is cancelled by us for this or another reason you will be given a full refund or the offer of an alternative date. We cannot offer
compensation for expenses incurred (e.g. non-refundable accommodation or travel tickets) so please be aware of that when booking travel, accommodation etc and if necessary take out personal travel and
• We know (believe us, we know) that bad things can happen to good people, so we strongly recommend that you have adequate personal travel and curtailment insurance to cover you for cancellations in the event of illness, accident, personal tragedy etc.
• Whilst your safety is at the forefront of our thinking and the highest professional standards are practised, clients must accept responsibility for their own actions as a participant in mountain biking, which is classed as a hazardous activity. A rider information and consent form will need to be completed.
• We recommend that you have adequate insurance for yourself and your equipment. We are not liable for any damage or theft relating to your person or your personal possessions.
• Weather in Scotland is unpredictable, rides will be held come rain or shine, unless the conditions are so
adverse and weather warnings have been issued. Adequate planning will take into account the current weather conditions, the expected weather conditions and what has happened 48 hours prior to the ride.
• Bike Hire: Our rides do not include equipment hire. Hire of bikes, helmets & other equipment can be arranged locally with collaborative partners with sufficient notice.
• We reserve the right to refuse any bike that we consider to be unsafe or unsuitable for our rides. If you are unsure about the safety or suitability of your bike we or your local specialist bike shop will be happy to advise. You must attend to this before the start of the tour.
• Grip Tours following the British Cycling code of conduct wish to promote the highest standards of leadership at all times. Therefore, please be aware that, the main aim of the ride is to have fun and positively encourage an informal and upbeat atmosphere on our rides, however offensive language, behaviour or inappropriate dangerous riding cannot and will not be tolerated.
• Safety or Personal Protective Equipment, (PPE) is mandatory on Grip Tour rides, helmet, gloves, (full fingered preferred), and eyewear will be checked prior to ride.
• Inappropriate or No PPE = No ride and No refund.
If you disagree with any of the Terms & Conditions listed please clearly indicate what these are before you book. If we cannot resolve your concerns then you have free choice not to book with us. If you agree to these terms & conditions then we are happy for you to book with us and look forward to riding with you soon.